E2 Visa

If you dream of moving to the United States and starting your own company, one of the best ways to accomplish this is to own a franchise business. Rather than creating a brand-new company, you can join the successful model of the 1Heart Caregiver brand by opening a franchise with an E2 visa.

This US visa program allows individuals from treaty countries to enter the states through business ownership. One of the main benefits of franchising with an E2 visa is the ability to renew the visa every 2-5 years, depending on your country of origin. This also allows you to live in the United States as long as your business is operating profitably. While there is no set minimum investment to qualify for this program, investors should be prepared to provide a minimum of $100,000 towards their business investment.


Classic Feature List Item

When you start a franchise with an E2 visa, the immigration officials will view an established franchise business or brand more favorably than an unknown or new business.

By investing in a franchise, E2 franchise visa holders can immediately provide much of the required processing paperwork, such as business plans, forecasts, and operational manuals to the authorities. This creates many more franchise financing options, as creating this on your own could cost thousands.

You can live in the United States only if your business is profitable and employs US workers. However, you can also employ family members to create a true family business you will be proud to hand down to the next generation. Plus, joining a proven, established franchise with your E2 visa is more likely to succeed than a brand-new start-up business.

Common Questions Regarding the E2 Visa Process:

  1. Can I apply for an E2 Investor visa?
    Certain countries maintain a treaty of commerce and navigation with the US. If you are a national of one of these countries, you may apply for this visa.
  2. Is my country considered an E2 treaty country?
    More than one hundred countries are considered E2 treaty countries. You can go here to learn if your country is included. https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/treaty.html.
  3. Can my spouse and children also get E2 visas with the franchise if I qualify?
    Yes. An E2 Visa holder’s spouse is eligible for a derivative E2 Visa. Children of an E2 Visa holder are also eligible as long as they are unmarried and under the age of 21.
  4. What if my spouse and children have different citizenship than me? Can they still apply following the same E2 visa steps?
    Yes. Their nationalities do not need to be the same.
  5. How many years can an E2 visa franchisee stay in the US and can the visa be renewed?
    If you qualify for an E2 Visa by owning a franchise, you can stay in the US for up to 2 years. After that, you are given the ability to renew your visa.
  6. How much should I invest to qualify for the E2 franchise visa?
    There is no set amount, but it should be reasonably large enough to indicate your commitment to the business and its success.
  7. Do I need to be present in the US to apply for an E2 visa?
    No. You may apply from your country of origin. For more information regarding this, you should refer to the US Department of State’s website.
  8. As an E2 visa franchise holder, can my spouse work in my business?
    Yes. A spouse of an E2 visa franchisee may apply for an employment authorization document with the DHS.