Who is 1Heart?
Our Core Values
1Heart is a brand built on a very simple yet powerful concept: “All it takes is 1 Heart that cares.” We believe that a single compassionate individual can positively impact the life of a senior and improve their well-being. With a support team behind you, together, we can make a difference in the senior communities we serve.
After establishing success in the growing senior care industry, we now invite you to begin your own franchise under the 1Heart brand.
1Heart Caregiver Services Founder and CEO, Belina Calderon-Nernberg started her business in In-Home care in 2003. A move that was inspired by her seeing the need for home care by families here in America
Immigrating to the United States from the Philippines was a tough decision for her because it meant being away from her aging parents. True to her concerns, when her mother became ill, the distance, family, and work obligations made it hard for her to be there for her mom. Fortunately, she was able to find a caregiver who was able to give her mom the attention and compassionate care that she needed. Despite being across the ocean, knowing that someone was there who treated her mom like family gave her peace of mind.
It wasn’t long before she realized that so many families were struggling with the same dilemma she had. Inspired by the desire to extend her love and care for her mom to those in need, especially the seniors, Belina started her own caregiving agency in Beverly Hills with the goal of “caring like family.” Over 17 years and 10 franchise territory locations later, Belina’s mother continues to inspire her in the face of every happy and healthy senior under 1Heart’s care.
Our Mission & Vision
The mission of 1Heart Caregiver Services is to provide excellent care through a person-centered and service-oriented approach, 1 heart, 1 smile, 1 family at a time. It is our vision that more families will rest assured knowing their loved ones are well taken care of and more seniors will be able to live their lives in the comfort of their places of residence.
Ultimately, we would like to enhance the quality of life in the communities we serve across the U.S.A. We understand seniors face many hardships as they age and it can be difficult for family members to care for their every need. We are dedicated to providing the extra care and consideration their loved one deserves.
The goal of 1Heart is to provide an infrastructure for business owners to thrive once they’ve committed to the process of beginning their senior care company. We’ll give you all the tools you need to be successful: ongoing expert training, proprietary programs, marketing support and more. With low startup costs, plus access to our proven business model, owning a franchise through 1Heart is a low-risk endeavor that will be rewarding throughout.
The support team you’ll be working with at 1Heart includes departments designed to help you with all aspects of the business, including:
- Sales and Business Development: As a longstanding business with franchises already in place, our experts can help you develop a strong business direction from the get-go. Once you’re up and running, we’ll be there to offer support and advice as needed.
- Marketing: Our professionals are equipped with the knowledge and skills to help you understand marketing for lead generation and present your critical services in the best possible light.
- Finance: We’re ready to assist and provide you with the tools you need to create a financially sound and successful business.
- HR and Staffing: Caregiver businesses are responsible for hiring qualified applicants. The way you go about this critical aspect of the business says everything about your values as a caregiver service in the community. We’ll help you navigate the process of certification, qualifications, and other essential aspects of hiring quality caregivers.
- Executive Team: Even as we continue to expand, our leadership team remains accessible to our franchisees with comprehensive consultations and coaching with a hands-on approach.
We make sure all our caregivers are truly invested in the people they serve and we train them extensively to meet our quality standards. All of our caregivers are bonded, insured, and triple checked for health, criminal offenses, and background information. Every senior in the care of 1Heart caregivers is also consistently monitored by our client care managers (CCM) who ensure the care recipient’s and family’s needs are being met.
Through our team and case management models, family members can rest assured that their loved one is being monitored for optimal health. Our caregivers are experienced and knowledgeable, but they are also trustworthy, tactful, and great listeners who are sensitive to the feelings of the seniors in care. And that is the very foundation of a good caregiver services franchise.
Join a community of like-minded business owners who have had success fusing their entrepreneurial spirit with a passion to give back. Read more about the steps you can take to start your senior care franchise and visit our FAQ page for more information!